Jasinski Golden GaYte Classic
Jasinski Golden GaYte Classic II
After nearly a decade, since the Golden GaYte Classic in 2000, a San Francisco Gay Basketball tournament is finally happening.
* REGISTER TODAY *
The SFGBA is excited to announce that we will be hosting an international gay basketball tournament on February 13 and 14, 2010 at the Fieldhouse gym on the UC Berkeley campus (a few blocks from BART).
That’s both Valentines Day (14th) and Presidents’ Day (15th) Weekend!
On Sunday, the tournament finals will be at the Eureka Valley Community Center, our home gym in the heart of the Castro. The gym can handle hundreds of people, but is guaranteed to be packed!
Here’s some crucial information:
- The early bird team registration is $425 for a team of nine players, and an additional $50 for each additional player, up to twelve players! A non-refundable $100 deposit (but applied to your team fee) will save you a spot for the tournament (read below).
- Early bird registration closes at end-of-day (PST) of Tuesday, January 5th, 2010. Any registrations received after this deadline will be $485 for the 9 players (+$50 each additional player).
- Early Bird deposits goes towards your registration fee; you must pay the balance of your registration fee by the end of Tuesday, January 05, 2010 or else you will forfeit both your team’s spot and deposit.
- Due to court restrictions, we’re forced to limit the field to 20 teams, so register early to get in on San Francisco’s first gay basketball tournament since 2000.
- Changes to rosters are not allowed after Friday, February 5th, 2010.
- There will be strict divisions, at the very least A and B divisions with a C division in the works.
- Our host hotels are provided by the gay-owned Joie de Vivre hotel group. Three-stylish San Francisco boutique hotels for you to choose from. Check out this page for the latest on accommodations.
- We’ll also be doing home-hosting, contact us if you’re interested.
- The San Francisco Rockdogs (website) will be hosting a tournament party, most-likely on Sunday night after the Award Party.
Teams that have registered/paid deposits
We’re working hard:
We have a 15-person tournament board helping out with putting on the best tournament we can.
We have host hotels in the mix (plus many of the Bay Area players plan on hosting out-of-towners in their own homes), the gym is reserved, referees are secured, events are being planned, and sponsors are offering their support.
We plan on holding a great tournament with events bookending the registration and basketball games, so come early (Thursday afternoon) and stay late (Monday afternoon).
Information is subject to change, but rest assured, the tournament will occur at the University of California at Berkeley on February 13th and 14th, 2010. Mark it in your calendars. Because of limited court space, we’re limiting the tournament to 20 teams.
Be the first to know the latest
If you are interested in bringing your team, more tournament information, being hosted, jumping on a team, or have any other questions; please send an email to info (at) sfgba (dot) com and we will add you to our mailing list.
If you’re all social media-y, you can also follow the happenings at our San Francisco Tournament Facebook fan page, let us know you’re visiting on our Facebook event, or Twitter! Or subscribe to the SFGBA RSS feed.
Any individual payments or balance payments can be sent via paypal to email@example.com. If you don’t have a paypal account, send your check or money order to:
San Francisco Gay Basketball Assoc.
c/o JGGCII Payments
584 Castro St. #451
San Francisco, CA 94114-2594